We are currently seeking a Music Director. Please review the description below. Call the office at 562-7348 if you have questions, or would like to apply.
Applicants will be directed to pick up an application from the church office and sign a release for a background check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully support the mission of LaFollette United Methodist Church - to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Plan and lead the CHANCEL CHOIR rehearsals and performances. Rehearsals are typically 1-hour (Sunday mornings and/or mid-week). Additionally, direct a Christmas and Easter Cantata or music program.
- Plan and lead the BELL CHOIR rehearsals and performances. Rehearsals are typically mid-week for 1-hour. Performances are traditionally quarterly.
- Plan and lead CONGREGATIONAL HYMNS for Sunday worship in collaboration with the pastor; turn in selections to secretary for inclusion in the bulletin. In many ways, the music will set the tone for the worship service and guide the congregation into a receptive spirit of worship. The director will be asked to shepherd this process.
- In collaboration with the pastor and choirs, determine the most effective ways to maintain participation, increase recruitment, and facilitate spiritual growth.
- Oversee the proper storage of instruments, as well as, any needed maintenance, cleaning or tuning. Coordinate the purchase of music materials with the church office to ensure proper budget accounting.
- Compensation: $10,000 - $12,000 annually, depending on experience, training and education.
- Less than part-time: approximately 8-10 hours per week.
- Summers are flexible given vacation schedules, other activities, etc...
- LUMC will provide any appropriate documentation for employees in a course of study related to music.
- Annual review by the Staff Parish Relations Committee, Pastor and Employee.
- Give fourteen (14) days' notice of intent to terminate employment.
- There is a probationary period of 90 days.