LaFollette United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Music to lead congregational music on Sundays, as well as, direct our choral ensemble and handbell choir.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Great vocal skills to lead congregational singing
- Knowledge of both traditional hymns and contemporary songs
- Ability to direct a small choral ensemble and handbell choir
- Ability to coordinate music to seasonal themes, Sunday focus, and/or sermon topic
- Some knowledge of Christian Copyright License International (CCLI) is suggested
- Some knowledge of audio/visual software is suggested (we use EasyWorship)
- Coordinate special or guests musicians
LUMC is looking for someone who can lead music in a "blended service" - meaning, both contemporary and traditional music. The main focus would be on congregational music in the worship setting.
Additionally, we have two choirs - an ensemble and a handbell choir. The handbell choir practices mid-week, and preforms quarterly. The choral ensemble rehearses mid-week and performs every Sunday; with special performances at Easter and Christmas. Both choirs meet on Wednesday evenings, and the ensemble has a short rehearsal on Sunday mornings.
Please email your resume to LaFolletteUMC@outlook.com, or email us for more information.
Job Type: Part-time